Today’s generation is more into adventures and exciting trips. Even when they plan their honeymoon, it is not for regular places like the beach resorts or skylight cities, but to places that are thrilling and worth spending money on.
Nothing is as exciting as a one-time memorable honeymoon trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro. It is the perfect place for honeymoon couples who wish to explore some romantic and thrilling moments with their partners while holding hands, rolling on the ice, taking short steps, warming each other, etc.
Mount Kilimanjaro is the easiest to climb among the Seven Summits. The Seven Summits include the highest mountains in the continent. As a result, Mt. Kilimanjaro is also the peak that is climbed the most frequently. Most enthusiastic climbers include this spectacular mountain in their bucket-list for traveling.
Tourists can reach Mt. Kilimanjaro via seven distinct official routes. The Marangu route is regarded as the simplest and most popular because it contains participant sleeping hooches. The most typical cause of ascent failure is the inability to acclimate to the height.
Even though there aren't many wild animals around, it is possible to spot some bison or leopards in the mountain forest. These encounters are not something one should count on when climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. It is always a good idea to have a local guide alongside to enjoy the climb safely.
Though climbing Mt Kilimanjaro is easier compared to Mt. Everest, climbing any mountain should not be considered a cakewalk. These mountains are at higher altitudes where oxygen level dip and climatic conditions change drastically. If you’re not well prepared, you may come back on a stretcher.
Hence, follow these climbing tips for a smooth ride –
- Focus on your stamina and leg strength for a few months before you plan to climb Mt Kilimanjaro. Even if you are already fit, prepare your body for this type of exercise by spending some time hiking.
- Commence your Kilimanjaro climb at a reasonable and sustainable pace rather than launching out at full speed. Never worry about what other people are doing or how quickly they are doing it, simply start slowly and concentrate on your movements.
- Altitude symptoms can occur anywhere between 3,000 and 4,000 meters. Medication, along with the right diet and hydration, can help reduce some of the symptoms.
- You'll suffer from headaches, maybe feel nauseous, and have trouble falling asleep. Therefore, climbing with a reputable operator ensures that they have a great deal of expertise and are aware of the symptoms of severe altitude sickness.
- Most Kilimanjaro routes begin with a walk through the rainforest, so shirts and shorts are frequently sufficient during the day. However, at night, the weather can turn chill and damp, and higher up the mountain, it can get extremely cold. To shield yourself from the weather, wrap yourself in some incredibly warm clothing.
Things can get messy if you don’t prepare yourself for this trip. Talk to your guide and prepare everything beforehand. Create sweet memories on your honeymoon trip and not a nightmare.